BSB51918 – Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification replaces the superseded Diploma of Management. The Diploma reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Participants will be provided with the skills to:
• Develop and monitor implementation of the operational plan to manage productivity and profitability in relation to sales, forecasting and budgeting
• Plan and implement financial management approaches. Learn to monitor and control finances as well as review and evaluate financial management processes.
• Manage projects, including developing a project plan, administering and monitoring the project, finalising the project, and reviewing the project to identify lessons learned for application to future projects;
• Manage safety and risk within the workplace;
• Plan workforce strategies to achieve organisational goals and objectives, including aligning workforce objectives with business plans, analysing labour market trends and predictions, and designing strategies and succession plans to ensure a competent and appropriately diverse workforce is available to meet anticipated changes.
• Manage the performance of staff who report to them directly. Development of key result areas and key performance indicators and standards, coupled with regular and timely coaching and feedback, provide the basis for performance management
• Learn to lead innovation by example by establishing and promoting work practices that support innovation and provide learning opportunities.
Nationally Recognised Training
ABS is a Registered Training Organisation (ID: 51804) and meet the Standards for RTOs 2015. We participate in ongoing audits to ensure our training and qualifications offered are current and compliant to these standards.
The Diploma consists of 12 units packaged as 4 core and 8 elective units. Below is an example course outline, a range of other elective units are available and we can tailor the qualification to suit your requirements. All units must be successfully completed to obtain a qualification.
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBINN502||Build and sustain an innovative work environment|
|BSBWHS501||Endure a safe workplace|
|BSBLED501||Develop a workplace learning environment|
|BSBSLS501||Develop a sales plan|
|BSBWRK520||Manage employee relations|
For more information regarding other elective units available for this course please contact our office.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification however BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership & Management may be a preferred pathway
Delivery and Assessment
All courses offered by ABS are delivered in a flexible format to meet student needs usually as a traineeship (if available) or in a similar format with either face to face tuition and mentoring support. Some programs have class based training schedule to assist students with more comprehensive subjects and assessments.
The certificate assessments are competency based and conducted open book comprising both theoretical and practical exercises. Students will be expected to attend all classes (if workshop based) and complete all tasks and activities during the course. There are also activities to be completed outside of the workshops. These activities are aimed at allowing the learners to apply the course content in their own workplace environment.
For more detail please make an enquiry.
Why train with ABS?
The benefits of learning with ABS are:
- Enrol at any time
- Resource Materials including Learner Guides & Assessment Workbooks
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as outlined below with assessor assistance.
- Interest free payment plans
- High graduation/completion rate
- Dedicated training support with qualified mentor if required
- Training and assessments aligned with to workplace activities and outcomes
- Government funded support (for some programs and subject to eligibility criteria)
Fees & Charges
Course fees, charges and payment terms are detailed on our Fees & Charges page in Student Information which can be viewed here.
RPL is available for each unit of competency based on relevant workplace experience, formal training and/or other expertise. To apply for RPL please discuss with ABS administration or your trainer/assessor. For (RPL) you will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence within 12 months of the enrollment date.
Please contact our office on (08) 9355 5400 to ask for the information booklet about this process and to confirm fee options.